Endeavour Schools’ – School Board
An advantage of being an Independent Public School is that Endeavour Schools established a School Board in 2015 that is representative of the Schools including staff, parents and wider community.
The Board supports the Schools in many ways, providing the expertise of its diverse membership to create and foster exciting opportunities for the school.
The School Board is playing a major role in the accountability of Endeavour Schools and represents the values and aspirations of our school community. Through the strong leadership and support of the Board, our Schools are enhancing the educational opportunities of our students. The Board also assists and supports staff and parents to strive for the very best for our Schools.
The functions of the Board are as provided in Section 128 of the School Education Act 1999 and include:
- A focus on improving learning outcomes for all students
- A shared vision and a plan reflecting the broad values of the school community
- Active involvement in endorsing the School’s Delivery and Performance Agreement, Budget, Business Plan and Annual Report
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of goals
- Promoting meaningful parent and community participation and actively seeking the views of its school community
- Determining student codes of conduct
- Determining the student dress code
- Deciding on issues related to charges and contributions, extra cost options, advertising and sponsorship.
- An advocacy role to enhance the operations of Endeavour Schools
|Chairperson||Mrs Fleur Ritchie|
|Primary Representatives||Mr Richard Wells Vice Chair|
|Mrs Renee Maitu|
|Mrs Melanie Morgan|
|Mrs Nicole Newman|
Ms Katharena McKendry
Ms Rachel Davey
|Education Support Representatives||Mrs Melanie Hicks|
Mr Ronan Morgan
|Staff||Mr Greg Croll|
|Mr Sunny Becic|
|Mrs Kerri-Anne Benbow|
|Community Representative||Mrs Sharon Lamont|
|Principals||Mr Chris Burgess (Primary)|
|Mrs Jayne Gorbould (Education Support Centre)|
|Executive Officer||Mrs Lorelle Potsey|
The Board meets four times per year and one of these meetings is a public meeting to which the school community is invited.
Our Board’s Values
In all our operations and relationships we value:
- The Schools’ Four Core Values of Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Reconciliation